Teenage Riding Holidays
Are you a teenager who is mad keen on horses?
Then come and join us for a week’s holiday in North Northumberland, UK. Gain more knowledge of how to look after horses/ponies & improve your riding skills.
Available DATES for Summer 2023
23RD – 29TH JULY – FULLY BOOKED
30TH JULY- 5TH AUGUST – 2 spaces
6TH – 12TH AUGUST- FULLY BOOKED
13TH-19TH AUGUST – 3 SPACES
Our Teenage Riding Holidays are packed full of riding minimum of 4 hours a day (mixture of lessons both dressage and jumping), horse care including qualification training. So if you have a loved one who is deserving of a week escape full of fun and horses our teenage riding holiday is perfect for them.
You can take Qualifications when your here too or work towards GCSE or PE qualifications.
You can even take your BHS Challenge Awards, BHS Riding School certificate of competence or BHS Sliver Challenge Award Ride our safely (2 weeks’ notice to arrange assessments).
Accommodation is one double room and a twin room staying in Keepers Cottage with Claire Nixon – all meals provided.
During your stay you will be encouraged to help to look after the horses and ponies on the farm learning properly how to look after and care for them. You will have riding lessons in the arenas & go for hacks in the beautiful countryside.
We cater for complete beginners to more advanced riders
- Small friendly family run business.
- Woodland & Lake hacks take in beautiful views of Holy Island, Bamburgh and the coastline or go on a St. Cuthbert’s Cave ride where you will see the dramatic sandstone Cave and spectacular views to the Cheviot Hills.
- All lessons are taught by qualified Registered British Horse Society Stage 5 Senior Coach & UKCC Level 4 Coach.
- We have an assortment of hats, and some boots are available for use in the stables.
- All meals are supervised & are included. Netflix, play some games, read, or the occasional trip to the local cinema or swimming pool.
Weekly rates are £950pp.
This price includes all meals, accommodation, riding lessons & stable management as well as all hacks. The only thing that is an optional extra the New BHS Challenge Awards can be arranged too (2 weeks notice to arrange assessments, with appropriate registration fees). If you wish to take them please contact Claire ASAP so she can arrange these.
∗ Normally holidays run from Sunday to Saturday, it may be possible to start on another day. Please ask when booking if this not suitable, as we may be able to change the day.
If you wish to be collected from Berwick railway station, this can be arranged at a cost of £70 return. We use a local taxi firm to make collections from Newcastle Airport at an approximate cost of £190 return (also extra charges are made if the plane is delayed and they have to wait). If you require collecting from either the railway or the airport, you must give us plenty of notice!
- On booking your holiday we recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance.
- A deposit of £25% must be paid and the balance must be paid in full two weeks prior to the start of your holiday.
All lessons are taught by Claire who is a British Horse Society Registered Stage 5 Senior Coach and UKCC Level 4.
We provide hacks to St. Cuthbert’s Cave with a maximum of 6 riders on each ride, before you leave you will be given a short lesson in the outdoor arena to ensure you are in control of the horse or pony.
Although we will take every precaution to ensure your safety, we must stress that horses are unpredictable and riding is recognised as a very high-risk sport. We cannot accept any responsibility arising from an accident and would strongly recommend that all riders take out a personal accident insurance policy as you would with a skiing holiday.