Due to Covid19 we will ONLY be taking two teenagers at a time, one double room and a twin room staying in Keepers Cottage with all meals provided.
During your stay you will be encouraged to help to look after the horses and ponies on the farm learning properly how to look after and care for them. You will have riding lessons in the outdoor arena & go for hacks in the beautiful countryside.
Unfortunately due to covid19 this year we can only take riders who can walk and trot (minimum due to the social distancing)
We normally cater for complete beginners to more advanced riders
- Small friendly family run business.
- Woodland & Lake hacks take in beautiful views of Holy Island, Bamburgh and the coastline or go on a St. Cuthbert’s Cave ride where you will see the dramatic sandstone Cave and spectacular views to the Cheviot Hills.
- All lessons are taught by qualified Registered British Horse Society Stage 5 Senior Coach & UKCC Level 4 Coach.
- We have an assortment of hats, and some boots are available for use in the stables.
- All meals are supervised & are included in the price.
- In the evenings you may want to watch a DVD, play some games, read, or the occasional trip to the local cinema or swimming pool.
Weekly rates are £750.
∗ This price includes all meals, accommodation, riding lessons & stable management as well as all hacks. The only thing that is an optional extra the New BHS Challenge Awards can be arranged too (2 weeks notice to arrange assessments, with appropriate registration fees). If you wish to take them please contact Claire ASAP so she can arrange these.
∗ Normally holidays run from Sunday to Saturday, it may be possible to start on another day. Please ask when booking if this not suitable, as we may be able to change the day.
If you wish to be collected from Berwick railway station, this can be arranged at a cost of £50 return. We use a local taxi firm to make collections from Newcastle Airport at an approximate cost of £175 return (also extra charges are made if the plane is delayed and they have to wait). If you require collecting from either the railway or the airport, you must give us plenty of notice!
- On booking your holiday we recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance.
- A deposit of £25% must be paid and the balance must be paid in full two weeks prior to the start of your holiday.
Swinhoe Farm Riding Centre is a small friendly yard, which offers good quality lessons from the age of 4 years old to adults.
All lessons are taught by Claire who is a British Horse Society Registered Stage 5 Senior Coach and UKCC Level 4.
We provide hacks to St. Cuthbert’s Cave with a maximum of 6 riders on each ride, before you leave you will be given a short lesson in the outdoor arena to ensure you are in control of the horse or pony.
Although we will take every precaution to ensure your safety, we must stress that horses are unpredictable and riding is recognised as a very high-risk sport. We cannot accept any responsibility arising from an accident and would strongly recommend that all riders take out a personal accident insurance policy as you would with a skiing holiday.