All of our lessons are taught by Claire Nixon-Ord who is fully qualified and a BHS Accredited Coach.
We have 19 horses and ponies in our riding school from 12’2hh to 16’2hh, suitable for complete beginners to experienced riders (including working towards Stage 4 Assessments).
All riders have an assessment lesson to ensure that they are suited to the horse and competent to go on a hack, (all of our horses are well mannered & professionally schooled).
All groups are taught in small sizes so that you can learn in a safe environment and get value for money. Some of our clients travel from as far as Newcastle every week!
- Lessons for all abilities from beginners to advanced, available for 4 year olds and upwards.
- Our lessons can be private or group for any ability including BHS training up to Stage 4.
- Claire also teaches people on their own horses or ponies.
- All groups are taught in small sizes so that you can learn in a safe environment and get value for money.
- We currently have lead rein lessons only on Saturdays, which are ideal for those starting to ride as we have fantastic volunteers here to help.
Lessons can be either in our fabulous Indoor 60m x 28m arena (fibrelok surface with viewing gallery for 136, Funded through a Leader Grant) or outdoor in our Floodlit outdoor arena 20m x 40m (silica sand, rubber and fibre bound surface).
Riders can take Qualifications during their lessons;
- All riders have the opportunity to take the progressive riding tests in riding and or including Stable Management through the BHS Participation Project. If your not yet signed up please ask Claire for more information.
- Children who sign up as a pony club centre member also work towards the Pony club Achievement Tests and Badges, for more information see the Pony club page.
Children lead rein sessions are only on Saturday Mornings where they have a Riding lesson and Pony Stars session.
There are 3 groups – 9am, 10.25am and 11.50am. Limited to 10 spaces per session. Costs £35pp.
New Riders Please Download & Complete the forms below: