Swinhoe Farm Riding Centre is a small family business. It is run on a 1750 acre farm in the picturesque countryside of North Northumberland, with Spectacular views to both the cheviots and the coast overlooking Holy Island.
The Centre was established in 2005 by Claire Nixon. Claire is a UKCC Level 4 Coach and is BHS Accredited Professional Coach with her BHS SC (BHS Stage 5 Senior Coach), BHS SM (BHS Stage 5 Care and Management), BHS II (Stage 4 Senior Coach in Complete Horsemanship). She is a qualified Assessor for NVQ’s (workbased diplomas) and IV (Internal Verifier), BHS Ride Safe Assessor and Trainer.
Additionally Claire is current,up to date and also has;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Sports Coaching
- HND in Equine Management.
- BHS Equine Specific First Aid
- Child Protection
- Safe Guarding
- CRB Checked.
Highest Approved Centre in North Northumberland.
The Centre has a 5 * Council Rating (NRE/2) and is the only;
- British Horse Society Approved Riding Establishment in North Northumberland.
- Pony club as a Pony Club Centre.
- Clubmark Approved
- British Riding Club Centre
- BHS Changing Lives Through Horses Centre.
Our 5* Facilities
- We are fortunate to have an Amazing Indoor arena (60m x 28m with Viewing Gallery for 136 people). Which means that the weather is not a participation barrier.
- The Indoor Arena can now be hired on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays subject to availability.
- Fantastic outdoor hacking with miles of off road hacking.
- In addition there is the opportunity for lessons indoors and outdoors.
- Lessons for all from Adults to Children (4 years old and above) all levels are catered for from Complete Beginners to Advanced, for lesiure to competition riders. You can have lessons on your own horses or we have a range of suitable horses and ponies.
- We have 5 * Livery so we can cater for all of your horse needs with quality hay and haylage produced on the farm. As a result we can offer Part Livery and Full Livery of the highest standard with Claire holding her BHS Stage 5 Stable Managers qualification. The added bonus of a UKCC Level 4 and BHS Stage 5 Senior Coach on sight to help you reach your goals.
- Fortunatley we are just 5 Minute drive off the A1. Additionally not only do we have lots of car parking and parking for lorries, we also have plenty space to turn around so no need to panic about reversing as you don’t have too.